Friday, March 03, 2006


Columbia, January, 2003
8.5" x 11"


My first journal quilt. I didn't get started until February though. This quilt was made to commemorate the astronauts aboard the Columbia space shuttle. The videos of the pieces streaking across the sky were all I could think of that Saturday morning. But, I had to go to the grocery store. I decided to buy myself some daisies, my favorite flower for grieving. They were $5 for 5 stems, not bad, so I grabbed a bunch. It was on my way home that I wished I had gotten 7 daisies, one for each astronaut who died. Then when I started putting them in the vase, one by one, I realized that the batch I picked up did have 7 flowers! Goosebumps.
Materials: Fusible webbing, cotton fabric, cotton batting. The label is a photo transfer of the astronauts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home