Friday, March 03, 2006



Ferntasm, February, 2003
8.5" x 11"

I drew a cartoon for this one first. Then I forgot to reverse the images for the fusible. It changed the whole layout, so I decided to just go with the mistake and do something different. My goal in this journal was to fuse, and NOT satin stitch every edge.. Alas, I could not do it and began feverishly satin stitching. So I devised a new experiment, try satin stitch with a different color thread from the fabric! A novel idea! I liked this one the least of all my journals that year, yet it was selected to be published to advertise the journal quilt project in houston that year. I was floored!!
Materials: Fusible webbing (again), cotton commercial fabrics, fabric markers, cotton batting.

1 Comments:

Blogger PaMdora said...

I think what catches your eye about this one is it's very different from any other quilts I've seen. That's a good thing.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home