Saturday, March 04, 2006



Michael's Flower, March, 2003
8.5" x 11"

I am so inspired by Lisa Harvey’s, March journal page in Quilting Arts Magazine. I want to try something like that, but simpler. I used Chroma Coal D’UVA pastels to draw the flower and background, but ruined it before it was heat set and I had to start over. Then I had a lot of problems quilting it with the big needle and big cotton Pearle thread. It was hard to pull the needle through and it blistered my fingers. It took the entire month to quilt it. I enjoyed blending the thread colors and varying the stitch lengths to achieve slightly different effects. Also, as I quilted the background, the leaves disappeared because there wasn’t enough contrast. Boo. The black outlining saved the day. I loved sewing the beads on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home