Saturday, March 04, 2006

Fishy Leaves, April 2003
8.5" x 11"

I tried a number of new techniques on this journal page, some of them worked, and some of them didn’t. I tried to make the symmetrical fish look more camouflaged, like leaves that you had to look at twice. But, it wasn't as successful as I hoped. I tried to French braid the flower stems to the quilt surface, but that didn’t work. I bought fabric markers to make the fishies and I used Seta Color Opaque paints too. This was another quilt that got ruined and had to be started over resulting in lots of learning! Hint: Paint background first, before appliquing flowers on!! I also learned that it is better to quilt first and then couch the stems with beads. It was scary trying to draw the grass on the bottom with markers after the quilt was finished, but I did it and I liked it.


Blogger PaMdora said...

I like the color pallette on this one - very striking! Good use of color.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home