Saturday, March 04, 2006

Dreamy Tulips, July, 2003
8.5" x 11"


This is the second in the series of Elmer’s gel glue as a resist for fabric paint. I love the idea of the glue resist to show the spirals. For some reason, I had a lot more trouble washing the glue out of this one and it pulled off more paint in the process. This is my first attempt to do stippling. I had to laugh at myself because I drew the entire stippling design on the background before I stitched it. One interesting thing I learned is that prismacolor pencils erase very easily off of a painted fabric surface, lucky for me! One of these days, I will learn to stipple in wild abandon without knowing exactly how it is going to turn out! I like this quilt a lot, but I expected the thread in the stippling to show up more. Another learning experience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home